CONGRATULATORY MESSAGE TO TURKEY
- We wish to express our sincere and heartfelt congratulations to President Recep Tayyib Erdoğan and the proud people of Turkey for their success in the constitutional referendum.
- The Turkish people have made the decision through a democratic process to replace the existing parliamentary system of government with a presidential system.
- This decision must be respected by all parties especially those who lay claim to be democratic leaders and champions of democracy.
- The historic constitutional referendum will transform not only Turkish politics but also the world Islamic politics vis-a-vis the western world. Turkey will emerge as a new world power and will become the spokesman for the Islamic world. Turkey's foreign policy which has been considered as pro-West will become more independent and more assertive for the sake of Turkey and the Islamic world.
- The western media narratives demonizing Erdoğan in an attempt to paint him as a dictator have been rejected by the people of Turkey based on the results of this referendum. The success of President Erdoğan in developing Turkish economy was a major factor for this positive referendum result.
- The western world must acknowledge the new reality. Turkey is on the way to become a new world power representing the voice of Muslims all over the world after the failure of the OIC as spokesman and advocate for the rights and welfare of all Muslims.
- We sincerely hope that the trust placed in the President by the people of Turkey will be an inspiration to continue great efforts in promoting the unity of Yeni Türkiye leading it on the path of further prosperity and security of Turkey as well as the Ummah globally.
AHMAD AZAM AB RAHMAN
Movement for the Enlightenment of the Ummah (WADAH)